Plan of Lydiard Park, c1700
Hidden Content, Images, Videos and Documents
The plan is believed to date from around 1700 and provides the earliest known visual record of Lydiard Park. The top right hand corner shows a birds-eye view of the medieval house complete with extensive service wing (left), forecourt with topiary, and formal terraced gardens. The wider plan includes the main avenues and gardens leading to a formal canal.
In 1700 Lydiard Park was owned by Sir Walter St.John and his wife, Lady Johanna St.John, who took a keen interest in her gardens at Lydiard Tregoze.
- Warwickshire Country Record Office
- Warwickshire County Record Office
- Last updated on:
- Saturday 22nd January 2022